When you start your day and open up SalesLoft, your first stop is the SalesLoft Home Dashboard.
Within the dashboard, the Cadences Panel shows which Cadences and steps are due so you can prioritize your actions, and plan accordingly. Then, you can take immediate action and run your Cadence steps from the panel.
If a Person in SalesLoft is due(or overdue) on a step, that Cadence will appear in your to-do list. This is the best way for you to know that you have tasks that need to be completed.
In this article, we will walk through the layout and actions of the Cadences Panel, including:
- Sorting and Filtering Steps on the Dashboard
- Total Cadence Actions Due
- Cadence Panel Layout
- Add People to a Cadence from the Cadences Panel
- Cadences Panel Step Details
- Run a Step from the Cadences Panel
Sorting and Filtering Steps on the Dashboard
Sorting and filtering options from the Dashboard allow you to prioritize Cadence actions based on the Cadence details that matter the most to you.
You may decide which Cadences you should run first based on number of steps due, Cadence priority, or even in alphabetical order by Cadence name. Then you can Filter cadence steps by step type so you can focus on only your email or call steps at a time.
Once you set your filters on the Home Dashboard, you Cadence actions will keep the exact same order when you return to the Dashboard and when you open the Cadence Workflow panel.
Select the Sort By dropdown to sort the Cadence steps by one of the following options:
- Name: Breaks down each step due to be run within a particular Cadence. When Cadences are sorted by Cadence Name, the name of each Cadence is a clickable link that takes you to the Cadence Overview Page.
- (A-Z): Sorts by the Cadence Name in descending alphabetical order.
- (Z-A): Sorts by the Cadence Name in ascending alphabetical order.
- Cadence Priority: Sorts steps based on the Cadence priority as defined in the Cadence Settings.
- (High - Low): Sorts by the Cadence Priority in descending order.
- (Low - High): Sorts by the Cadence Priority in ascending order.
- Step Due: Sorts steps based on the number of steps that are due.
You can also filter Cadence steps by step type. When you launch your Cadence, you will see the Type dropdown next to the Sort By dropdown. You can choose from the following step types:
Total Cadence Actions Due
The first things you will see in your Cadences panel are your Total Actions. The Total Actions show you the total number of Cadence-related activities that you are due to complete today. The actions are broken down in the following sets of numbers:
- Due: The total number of steps that are due to be completed as of today.
- Emails: The number of Cadence email sends for today.
- Calls: The number of calls that are scheduled to be completed today.
- Other: The number of other steps to be run today.
- Integrations: The number of integration steps due as of today. If your team uses multiple integrations, all of those steps will be added together to equal the total integration steps due.
Cadence Panel Layout
When steps are due or overdue, they will appear in the Cadences Panel grouped by Cadence Name.
The Cadences Panel is sorted in descending order by the Total Number of due steps. The Cadence with the most due steps will appear at the top regardless of last modification date, creation date, or Cadence Priority.
Within a Cadence, click on the Cadence Name to view that Cadence's overview page.
The number next to each Cadence Name denotes how many steps are due within that particular Cadence.
Team Cadences have a Team Cadences label next to the Cadence name.
Add People to a Cadence from the Cadences Panel
If you have designated a Daily People Target while creating the Cadence and have yet to reach the target, you will see a reminder to add People to the Cadence.
Otherwise, you can add more People to the Cadence from the dashboard at any time by clicking Add.
If you do not wish to see the Add button, update your Daily People Target to 0 in you Cadence Settings.
Cadences Panel Step Details
Each Cadence step due will display the following in the panel:
- Step Type Icon: An icon next the step that denotes the step type.
- Step Name
- Day and Step number
- Button to run steps due: Displays the number of people due on that step.
Step Type icons include the following: will have an icon next to it to denote the step type
|Call Steps||Green phone icon|
|Email Steps||Purple envelope icon|
|Other Steps||Orange checkbox icon|
|Integration Steps||The integration's logo (example LinkedIn Sales Navigator)|
Run a Step from the Cadences Panel
To use the Cadences Panel, find the step activity you would like to begin and click blue button that contains the People due on that step. The Cadence side panel will appear, you will be taken to the Person Profile page of the first Person in the Cadence list, and you can run your step from there.