Frontline Managers must stay on top of hundreds of deals at a time. These managers typically have 5-8 reps per team with 20-40 deals per reps, so they are likely working 100-320 deals per manager. That's a lot to juggle.
The Deals Summary for Frontline Managers enhances the standard version of the Deals Summary page with additional filters so managers can zero in on individual reps or team trends. With this addition, frontline managers can answer questions like, "How is my team performing?" or "How is their pipeline level is trending?"
In this article, you will learn about Deals Summary for Frontline Managers, including:
- Enable the Deals Summary for Frontline Managers View
- Setting Goals for Groups and Individual Reps
- Deals Summary Filters
Enable the Deals Summary for Frontline Managers View
The Deals Summary for frontline managers view is exclusive to SalesLoft users who have the permission.
If you are a SalesLoft admin, or have specific Filter Deals Summary permission assigned to your role, you will have the ability to filter the Deals Summary view. To learn more about adding a new role with the permission, check out Roles and Permissions.
Things to Note: The Filter Deals Summary permissions is enabled by default for SalesLoft Admins.
When you go to the Deals Summary page, the first word of the Two Sentence Summary tile (should be You by default), will appear as a blue, underlined link.
With the permission in place, the tiles and page layout will appear the same as the standard Deals Summary view. To learn more about the tiles and the data they contain, check out the Deals Summary Tiles article.
Setting Goals for Groups and Individual Reps
Goals set the targets within Deals Summary.
A team admin can set goals for individual reps and for groups with the Deals Admin Settings.
Things to Note:
- Only a team admin can set up Goals from the Deals Admin Settings.
- Goals can only be set for groups that do NOT have child groups.
- If groups are enabled, you can only set goals for users that have been assigned to a group.
To learn more about setting up your team's goals, check out the Deals Admin Settings article.
Deals Summary Filters
When you have the Deals Summary filter permission enabled, the Deals Summary page defaults to the You filter. Click on the word You to open the Deals Summary filter menu. Within the menu, you can select the dropdown to see the filter options. The filters include:
- Specific User
- Group Filter
The first of three filters we introduced for frontline managers is the You filter. When this filter is selected, your personal Deals Summary page will appear. This is great for managers who are in a player-coach role and have a quota in parallel with being a people manager.
Specific User Filter
The second of three filters we introduced for frontline managers is the Specific User filter. This filter will show an individual rep's Deals Summary page. You can choose from any user in your Deals org.
Things to Note:
- User visibility is not limited based on any group management ownership.
- This is a single select filter and managers can only select one user at a time.
To select a specific user, follow these steps:
- Go to the Deals Summary page. Click the Deals Summary filter in the two sentence summary.
- In the filter, select the filter dropdown. Choose Specific User.
- Search or select a user from the dropdown menu.
- Click Apply. The Deals Summary will alter to show that user's Deal Summary view.
The third filter we introduced for frontline managers is the Group filter. This is filter will show a group's Deals Summary data aggregated together and displayed in the tiles on the page. Additionally, when a group is selected, we will populate the page with the goal that is set on the group in the admin settings.
Things to Note:
- The group view will not sum together the individual goals of reps within a group. Group goals must be set within Deals Admin settings.
- Only groups that do not have any child groups specified in their SalesLoft hierarchy will appear.
- This filter is single-select.