SalesLoft's Zoom integration for Conversation Intelligence connects to Zoom via API that provides a smoother recording experience. Once you’ve authorized the connection between SalesLoft and Zoom, Conversation Intelligence will import your Zoom Cloud Recordings and bring them into SalesLoft.
Before you can connect or reconnect SalesLoft to your Zoom accounts, a SalesLoft admin must complete the following:
- Set up Conversation Intelligence under team settings in SalesLoft.
- Things to Note: The Bot Behavior - Default Join Time setting is not relevant to set up for this integration.
- Enable Conversation Intelligence for users on the Users table in team settings.
In this article, you will learn about SalesLoft’s integration with Zoom, including:
- Benefits of the Zoom Integration with Conversation Intelligence
- Set Up the Zoom Connection in SalesLoft
- Reconnect to Zoom in SalesLoft
- Enable Automatic Recording in Zoom
Benefits of the Zoom Integration with Conversation Intelligence
- Scheduled Zoom meetings will be captured in Conversation Intelligence when you enable recording from Zoom's video player controls.
- Things to Note: The meeting must be scheduled on your calendar and your calendar must be connected to your SalesLoft account.
- Connecting to Zoom will also enable SalesLoft's Meetings so you can schedule meetings with Zoom.
- Pause and resume recordings when using the Zoom app’s video player controls.
- Things to Note: Pausing and resuming recordings in Zoom will cause discrepancies in your Live Notes timestamps. The times shown will be altered based on the amount of time lapsed in the video recording.
- To ensure Conversation Intelligence will auto-capture all your scheduled meetings, enable automatic recording in your Zoom account.
- The integration will maintain Zoom's most up-to-date security controls.
Set Up the Zoom Connection in SalesLoft
The Zoom integration requires Zoom users to authenticate and authorize the integration within SalesLoft.
In other words, before you can use Zoom with Conversation Intelligence, you need to connect your Zoom account to your SalesLoft account. Once you’ve done that set up, you can manage recording notifications and controls within your Zoom.
To set up the Zoom connection in SalesLoft, follow these steps:
1. Make sure a team admin has enabled Conversation Intelligence for your SalesLoft account. You can check this by going to the Conversation Intelligence tab under your Personal Settings. If you do not have access to Conversation Intelligence, reach out to your team admin so they can enable the feature.
2. Once your Conversation Intelligence access is enabled, go to your Profile tab under your Personal Settings.
3. Scroll down to the Zoom section. As long as your Zoom account hasn’t been before, you should see a turquoise Connect Zoom button.
4. Click Connect Zoom. You’ll be taken to the authorization screen.
Things to Note: If your team uses SSO, you will need to login via SSO prior to reaching the authorization screen.
5. Click Authorize to allow the Zoom API integration. Once you've clicked Authorize, you will receive an email from Zoom App Marketplace that a request has been made to your account.
6. The page will redirect to SalesLoft and you will be asked if you’d like to set a Zoom link as the meeting location when you send a calendar invite. Select Set Zoom as Default Location.
7. When your Zoom account has been connected, you'll notice the turquoise Connect Zoom button has become a red Disconnect Zoom button. You can reconnect or authorize a different account at any time.
8. If you haven't already done so, connect your calendar to your SalesLoft account.
Reconnect to Zoom in SalesLoft
The Zoom integration was updated to include Conversation Intelligence in September 2020. Users that were connected to Zoom prior to this date will need to reconnect their Zoom accounts in order to experience the full range of benefits of the integration, which includes both the Meetings function and Conversation Intelligence.
To reconnect your Zoom account to SalesLoft, follow these steps:
- Login to your SalesLoft account and go to your Profile Settings page.
- Scroll down to the Zoom section.
- Click on the red Disconnect Zoom button. The connection will disconnect and the button will revert to the Connect Zoom button.
- Follow the steps to Set Up the Zoom Connection in SalesLoft to complete your setup.
Enable Automatic Recording in Zoom
We highly recommend that you enable automatic recording from your Zoom account. When your Zoom account is set to auto-record meetings, they will also be captured in Conversation Intelligence.
Things to Note:
- Automatically recorded meetings from Zoom will appear in Conversation Intelligence as long as the start and end times of the recordings align with the meetings scheduled on your connected calendar.
- With automatic recording, meetings you host, whether they are scheduled or owned by you, will be recorded automatically. If you are not the host of the Zoom meeting or have no control over the Zoom record button, you will need to add the bot to those meetings manually.
You can turn automatic recording on from your Zoom Settings. Admins who have specific groups in Zoom can also enable the setting for their specific group(s). Follow these instructions to enable automatic recording:
- Go to your Zoom account web settings.
- Navigate to the Recording tab at the top
- Scroll down to Automatic recording and toggle the Automatic recording setting on.
- Verify the Host can pause/stop the auto recording in the cloud option is checked.