The Email Template panel provides a list of the top 10 performance of templates across four metrics based on your designated filters.
Taking these details into consideration, the panel aims to answer the following questions:
- Which is the best performing template?
- Are specific templates declining in usage or effectiveness?
- Which group or user is most effective with a particular template?
- How frequent is an email template personalized?
In this article, you will learn about the Email Template panel, including:
- The Email Template Panel
- Email Template Metrics and Calculations
- Panel Drill Down: Email Template Report
The Email Template Panel
The Email Template panel contains the following details from the top of the panel working our way down:
- Email Template: (Panel Name)
- Metrics: The Email Template is based on one of five sets of metrics. The metrics may be selected by clicking the blue link of the metric name in the Panel name. Click the link to open the dropdown menu and select one of the following metrics:
- Replied (default)
Average (Avg.) Personalization
- View Report: (Drill down to more details) Takes you to the Email Template Report. The drill down report will sort by the email template in descending order.
- Chart: A horizontal bar chart of up to 10 templates ranked in descending order
- Chart hover state: The hover state over each bar shows the total number of the drill down metric for the template. In the chart below, the hover state would should the total replies sent by the rep.
Email Template Metrics and Calculations
Each panel contains primary and secondary metrics. These metrics are calculated in different ways.
The Email Template panel includes the following metrics based on the associated calculations.
|Delivered||Sum(Emails Sent) - Sum(Bounces)|
|Average Personalization||Average(Personalization Score)|
For more details on the metrics found in the Email Template panel, check out the Analytics Metric Calculations article.
Panel Drill Down: Email Template Report
This panel drills down into the Email report, where you can see all the other steps completed.
Learn more in the Team Emails Report Knowledge Base article.